Report it

Where to report sexual harassment and raise concerns about public safety

In an emergency always call 999.

Please remember that if you feel like a situation could get heated or violent very soon, someone is in immediate danger or you need support right away, please call 999 for emergency police and ambulance services.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, you can use the Police's textphone service at 18000 or text them on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service.

Reporting sexual harassment to the Police

If you’ve witnessed or been the victim of a crime, please report it to the police.

You can report an incident directly to the police by: 

The Metropolitan Police has more information about support for victims and witnesses of crime and to understand what can be reported to the police

If the incident took place on the train, you can: 

  • text the British Transport Police on 61016,
  • call 0800 40 50 40
  • report online at the British Transport Police website 
  • You can also download the British Transport Police app Railway Guardian from the App Store or Google Play Store. Through here you can report concerns about unwanted behaviour, crimes and unsafe spaces. You can also access safety advice and helpful information

Reporting sexual harassment anonymously

If you would like to report an individual or incident of sexual harassment whilst remaining anonymous, you can report to the national independent charity Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111 or by reporting online.

More information on sexual harassment and reporting can be found on the Crimestoppers website.

Using the metropolitan police’s streetsafe website, StreetSafe is a service for anyone to anonymously tell us about public places where you have felt or feel unsafe, because of environmental issues, eg street lighting, abandoned buildings or vandalism and/or because of some behaviours, eg being followed or verbally abused.